The European Week of Astronomy and Space Science (EWASS) 2017 will be held in Prague, Czech Republic, from 26-30 June. The conference is the annual meeting of the European Astronomical Society (EAS).
As the largest conference for European Astronomy, it expects to welcome more than 1000 astrophysicists from all over Europe and beyond. Researchers will present their latest results in plenary talks and sessions, covering a wide range of topics.
Media representatives are invited to attend the conference and can apply for a free registration. (See contact information below.)
A wide variety of topics will be covered during the 5-day gathering: (exo)planets, gravitational waves, star formation, astrometry, stars & spectroscopy, star / galaxy clusters, strong gravity & high energy, cosmology, software & big data, and ground based & space instruments.
During the conference, there will be activities for the general public as well:
- Exhibition AD INFINITUM – Look into the Depths of the Universe. Gallery of Science and Arts in the building of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Mo-Fri 10 a.m.–6 p.m. Address: Národní 3, Praha 1.
- Outdoor exhibition Universe – yours to discover. It consists of twenty 2mx2m panels with interesting images of the Universe made by a variety of telescopes. The exhibition will be located in front of the Rudolfinum where the Concert and Conference dinner will take place on Thursday June 29.
- Two public lectures in the building of the Czech Academy of Sciences with translation into Czech:
- The Greedy Super-Massive Black Holes, Francoise Combes (Observatoire de Paris), Wednesday, June 28 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- The Best Space Images from NASA’s Astronomy Picture of the Day, Robert Nemiroff (Michigan Technological University) Friday, June 30 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. EWASS 2017 is organized by the European Astronomical Society in collaboration with the Czech Astronomical Society (CzAS). The conference will be held at the Faculty of Law of the Charles University.
- The conference website: eas.unige.ch/EWASS2017/index.jsp
- Information for the press and press releases: ewass.kuoni-congress.info/press/
- Programme overview: eas.unige.ch/EWASS2017/program.jsp and ttp://ewass.kuoni-congress.info/programme
- Twitter: @ewass2017